Monday 5 May 2008

A surprise garden visitor

As I just finished my breakfast a flash of brown swept down from above the conservatory towards the fence. I knew instantly that the blur was a Sparrowhawk after one of the many sparrows in the garden. I quickly leaped to my feet to see where it had gone, I couldnt see it flying off and assumed it had gone to ground next door perhaps with its catch.


I raced upstairs and saw that it was in fact perched on the fence. Turning I ran to the office to fetch my camera, of course it was downstairs with the wrong lens on. Luckily it was still present and I was able to snatch a few shots. It seemed very interested in the next doors garden and dropped down to the floor beneath a bush, perhaps it had knocked a bird down there? It was out of sight for a moment and then flew up and away.


No comments: